Friday, August 25, 2006

School started Wednesday. I'm already learning a ton and its pretty cool. My favorite classes so far are Theology of Church Mission, Old Testament, and hermeneutics. And this is just my first year classes.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is for part of my major (Intercultural Studies) I have to spend 6 months overseas. There are 4 different places I could go. My top 2 at this point are Asia(Taiwan, Japan or the Philippines) and Kenya. Maybe I'll see you there Ash.

I've always loved Asia. I love those crazy japanese. And maybe i could see my kid in the Philippines and bring him home with me.

Being away from Portland and my routine there has really helped me remember my dissatisfaction with life in America. Its easy to get caught up in routine and before you know it times gone by and youve gone nowhere. I finally feel like I'm moving.

I tried out for Chapel Band on Thursday. He just asked me to play something, impress him. I was like... uhh... thats not really what i do. It was very awkward for me. I dont think i had much competition though.

The worship guy at the church I'm going to is pretty solid. I think he probably sounds a lot like me vocally and whatever, just a little better and more experienced. He said i can play with him, we're gonna jam after church sunday. I think we can get some cool stuff goin.

Thats basically it for now. Oh I've been getting in shape too with Tommy and Sarah. And cutting my Caloric intake down to 2000 or lower. I feel skinnier already.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

congrats on your successful move! im sure youll fit into the band there and have an outlet to be creative.

PS i know the real reason you want to go to asia...

11:56 PM, August 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Forget Asia (what, Terry???) and come visit me and the Petersons. (Except, I have a kid in the Philippines too, so if you do go there, say hi to him for me?)

4:36 PM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger Dave Ketah said...

Man am I relieved to know I'm not the only guy with a kid in another country! Phew!

9:17 PM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home